Connecting The Community and Building For The Future
First and foremost, a huge thank you. Your partnership has made enormous changes possible for the New Rochelle Public Library. Step by step, year after year, together, we’ve transformed our Main Branch into a leading-edge facility. In addition, continual improvements at the Huguenot Children’s Library have ensured that young children develop a love of learning from their earliest years.
Some highlights that YOU made possible:
- Our recent Fall Family Fair brought hundreds of families to the library for an afternoon of free fun, entertainment and resource information.
- A remodeled and refurnished Children’s Room, including a family-friendly entrance and outdoor garden.
- New early-literacy computers and software for the Huguenot Children’s Library and Children’s Room
- The renewal of the Ossie Davis Theater to bring in the most modern audio-visual equipment.
- A beautified lobby and completely reconfigured circulation area with self-checkout, and efficient inter-library loans.
- Renovation of the Second Floor including the Teen Room and Media Lab, Handelman Business Opportunity Center, the climate controlled E.L. Doctorow Local History Room, Computer Classrooms, Meeting Rooms and Quiet Study Spaces.
- Ongoing purchase of computers, laptops and other state-of-the art equipment that are fundamental to today’s libraries.
- The hotspot loan program that allows students without Internet access to keep up with schoolwork especially during COVID closures.
But our work is never done. Technology is in constant flux and securing competitive state grants necessitates community match dollars. In fact, thanks to your support, over the past three years the Foundation’s ability to make these matches has unleashed $700,000 in NY state construction grant dollars. Next on our agenda is match funding for the renovation of the Third Floor which is home to our main print collection, computer lab, Bliss Music Center and multiple conference and study rooms.
That is where you come in. You know that a vibrant public library is at the heart of a strong community. It is your support that allows us to continue our mission to raise funds and advocate for our Library.